|ˈfəNG ˈSHwē, -SHwā|
- a system of laws considered to govern spatial arrangement and orientation in relation to the flow of energy (qi), and whose favorable or unfavorable effects are taken into account when siting and designing buildings.
Why Use Feng Shui?
Feng Shui is the art of balancing elements in a person’s home. Henck Design creates Feng Shui cures to balance and organize energies in homes. We pride ourselves on really discussing what is important to our clients, how they want their lives to change and what tools and intentions we can use together to achieve the desired balanced environment.
Applying To Your Space
Henck Design’s approach to the practice of Feng Shui uses traditional methods of identifying areas of the clients’ home and defining them as a certain “Gua” or specific area to be enhanced. We draw a custom floor plan of the existing home, consider what direction furniture, doors and windows face and address them using Feng Shui principles.
It's All About Intention...
Everyone deals with the so-called “work/life balance” challenge, especially in modern times with so many devices and information. Feng Shui is a great way to bring yourself back to your environment and awareness in your space. What is reflection, meditation and being present all about? Intension.
That’s just what Feng Shui is all about as well. Watch this video to learn more about how you can use intention to support your life and home with good vibrations and balanced energies.
1. If you are someone who wants a raise at work, or wants to feel financially secure, I suggest getting small fountain or some form of running water and placing it in your prosperity area. This area is always in the back left corner from the main door leading into the home or room. This will keep money flowing in and be reflective of your finances, so make sure and keep that tank clean!
2. Place a Bagua mirror over the front door. This is an easy way to keep out negative energies, and will naturally give the resident a feeling of safety and reassurance.
3. Burning a candle while working at your desk can provide some aromatherapy benefits as well as some fiery inspiration. Every time I light the vanilla candle at my desk, I hear Jim Morrison’s voice sing, “Come on baby, light my fire” in my head, and I interpret that thought as motivation to create compelling work!
4. No one, single, married or otherwise should keep family photos in the bedroom. The bedroom is a place for intimacy and individuality. Unless you want your family meddling in your love life, keep those photos framed and in your living room.
5. We all have projects that sometimes go by the wayside. If you have any unfinished projects, I recommend quitting or finishing them permanently. If this project involves something broken that you’re meaning to fix, it just might make you broke. No one wants an empty wallet; so if you know you won’t fix it in a week’s time, throw it out!
These tips are according to Interior Designer and Feng Shui Practitioner, Christina Henck.
Here are my 5 favorite Feng Shui tips that you can implement into
your home or office today to enhance your fortune and happiness.